Home | Links | Contact Us | Top 50 | News | Bookmark
Find a drug:
A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #  

Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

 Heeeeeelp!!! My 13 year old friends are smoking!!!?
Here is the story. Today my friend told me that she saw my other friends smoking. I called them and said that my cousin saw them smoking last friday. They said to me "so what, we quit smoking.&...

 sudden nausea and lightheadedness, this is weird?
Out of the blue I suddenly was hit with a wave nausea and light headedness, tingly fingers and a headache. I thought I was going to pass out. I'm doing better but my whole body feels weird. I...

 What could this be? I'm desperate for answers!?
I'm desperate for answers to what I may have. For a month now, I have been sufferering from joint pain so severe it hurts to walk, swollen lymph nodes in my underarms that have gorwn to be 4 1/2 ...

 Insomnia? How to help it?
I have Insomnia and Its soo very annoying. Are there any solutions to help get to sleep?...

 How can you tell if you have a fever...?
WITHOUT using a thermometer....

 How do I tell her to get rid of her head lice?
My cousin has pretty much ALWAYS had head lice and it doesn't even seem to phase her. I'm sure she HAS to know! It's terrible-I can see them from a mile away! How on earth do I ...

 Can't sleep?
This summer I started a really bad sleeping habit. I would sometimes stay up till 6-7 am, talking on the phone or going on the computer, sometimes just watching tv. Now I stay up as late as 4-5 am. ...

 What do I do if he has a seizure?
My boyfriend has a mild case of Cerebral Palsy. He takes medicine to prevent him from having seizures and hasn't had one since 2001. I am wondering what I should do if he does happen to have one ...

 When people receive blood transfusions, can they receive blood from any race?

 What does a doctor do when you check in for being constipated?
If you're constipated and go to see a doctor about it, what kind of procedures will the doctor do to check you out? Do they have to stick anything up your rectum?...

 My Thumb is Swelling up, its itchy and there is like a red mark going down my hand, what is it?
it itches so bad, its red and it hurts when i move my thumb up. This is raised red mark near the place where i bend my ...

 My daughter's stomach really hurts. Someone tell me if it's appendix or not?
If it is I will take her to the ER right ...

 Facial nerve twitch...How long does it take before it goes away on its own?
Was it something I ate? It's been over and hour and the facial nerve just right below my bottom lip won't stop twitching.

I know it isn't anything to worry much about, but ...

 Weed and Panic Attacks!! Helpp =]?
Just recently when iv smoked iv got the sensation that a bus was hitting me on my right side just over and over.. it caused a panic attack and i felt like my heart was gonna explode and i tried to ...

 I've got Multiple Sclerosis...?
although you would never be able to tell. How and when do I break it to a guy i might start seeing? Do it quick and fast or when it starts getting serious? I dont want to be "trapping" them,...

 I can't stop vomiting... how cool is that eh?

 What is a seizure??????????????
My best friend and a few others (not me) were trying to pass out and all of a sudden she fell to the ground and randomly shook all over then jumped up again and claimed she never remembered. Do you ...

 Does smoking affect your kindey?

 I just donated blood, and i feel a bit dizzy..should i lay down or take pills?
hey i found out i wasn't diabetic *yay*. i thought i was too.
but they took like 2 pounds of blood and both of my friends passed out. Im feeling real dizzy...should i call it a night or ...

 father and son bump into a pole and go to diffrent hospt's when the doctor came they said this is my son?

i think i suffer from OCD, depression and an eating dissorder, but how do i know if i dont go to the doctor?
i am only 16 and i am severly depressed..i think i have OCD and i struggle with my body image. i dont want y mom to know so how do i know if i suffer from these things? what are they any way, i want to know cuz i think bad things all the time, about killing myself, i like control and i hate my body. what could i suffer from and how do i no without going to the doc?

First of all change your diet. You literally are what you eat, since your body pulls the nutrients out of the food to build your body. Magnesium rich foods are good for people with depression ( i have depression too) don't eat crap food (out of a box, has many dyes) get organic since it doesn't have chemicals to alter your mood. Also you need to go out in nature, and exercise is also very good cause of endorphines, and if u watched legally blonde endorphines make you happy! haha.Everyone struggles with their body images i still am, your just have to learn to love your body (i no its hard i still dont).

if it does get too horrible, go to your mom.

you have to tell your mom to take you to the docter, its the best thing to do because you should no if you have these problems or not

Amanda D
sounds like i was. my dad and i are very close and for years i never took care of my depression and things cause i did not want him to know or look at me differently. now i finally got it under control and when i let it slip that i was on all these meds he was caring and understanding. not want i thought at all. you should talk to your mom and dr. you will feel better after you get some help. killing yourself is not the answer. trust me.

kenzie baby
1-if your thinking about killing yourself it helps a lot to get help, trust me your mom would want to know
2-OCD it's in your head, i think i have it to. there's not really much you can do
3-same thing with eating disorders, you have to be ok with you because most likely nobody else cares.

if it were that easy to diagnose and treat disorders like this ony our own then there would not be medical professionals in business to treat them. it sounds like you could use some help. it is out there. get it.

RCPD Expl. Captain Beckner
Why not go see a doctor?
None of them are going to get better without getting the correct medication.

lalala l
i dont think you can know with out going to the doctor and why would you suffer from body image i think every one is beautiful including you dont think about killing yourself thats not the way out.. i think you should tell some one that wasnts to listen about what your feeling tell you mom in a calm way if she yells its ok because she just cares about you..

xoxox-sami-xoxox ^_^

head to the nearest doctor...somethings are just part of society and peer pressure, but if you are having issues with eating disorders and depression you should talk to someone.

writing down your feelings, symptoms on a notebook.. maybe u can look online abt it.. talk to a school counsellor.. but if this is really serious, u still need to see a doc to get proper evaluation..

Well there are ways to tell if you have a problem; but seeing a doctor is the important factor in finding out how severe it is and what to do to get help.

my quick answer is if you think there might be a problem then there probrally is, see a doctor ASAP and get help. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to get help.

Sounds like depression and anxiety,go to a docter they help.

Whats wrong with going to the doctor? It sounds like u really need some professional help or does ur high school have a health/nurse department? U can use those for free if u are worried about money. Go here to find out more about OCD, depression and eating disorders www.wikipedia.org Since ur so young, it would probably be best for u to tell an adult like ur mom because she might be able to help u more. When u say u want to kill urself.. u don't really mean that.. what u really mean is that u want to kill off the feeling (sadness) ur having or u want to get rid of the problems that u are having. U don't really want to "get rid" of urself... only those problems/feelings. A psychology college professor told me this and it has stuck with me since.

Holy ****...are you my twin?!

I personally suffer from OCD, Depression, and am recovering from an eating disorder (bulimia).

You should tell someone, the worst thing you could do is try to deal with it all on your own. Trust me I know...I tried and things went downhill fast.

You sound like you have a good grasp on what's going on with you. If you can't speak to your mom is there anyone else you can talk to? Relatives, friends, school counselor.

Or just tell your mom you want to try therapy and maybe her insurance helps pays for it.

In the meantime, stop yourself whenever you start to think about killing yourself.
Do deep breathing: inhale thru nose, exhale thru mouth, rest, each for a count of 3 for about 5 minutes. Make sure your stomach is moving up/down when you're breathing, not your chest.

You can really be helped by going to a MD. Tell your mom you don't feel good & want to see a doc. Then when you get there tell doc what's really going on.

Don't suffer alone or for any longer.

I want you to try something...
Go out, mall, store, anywhere where theres people. Walk around with a smile (force it any way you can). And look people walking past directly in the eyes and don't break eye contact. Don't let yourself not do this. Look till they have walked past. Maybe throw a "HI" in there, as many times as you can. Stand up straight (important). I don't know why you have a body image issue. But just for once try to imagine it doesn't exist. I guarantee people will look back at you with a smile. You shouldn't feel uncomfortable in your own skin. I think if you see everyone else looking at you with a smile, you might change your mind about yourself. Oh, and if you listen to depressing music or rap. STOP They will put you in this mindset. It's all in your head. I have OCD myself but I don't let it tell me what I can and cannot do.

You DO need to see the doctor. If you don't feel comfortable talking to your mom, talk to the school counselor, who can, in most states, write a confidential referral to a specialty doctor. Your mom will be required to make you an appointment, but won't need to be told what it's about. I don't think that this law applies to every state, and even if it doesn't apply in yours, at least talk to the school counselor. Your mom won't find out about that. Or talk to a friend's mom. You NEED to talk to somebody. Your going down a dangerous path that's hard to recover from. Get help now before you get any further down that path.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Large Text
Archive: All drugs - Links - Forum - Forum - Forum - Medical Topics
Drug3k does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 Drug3k Friday, March 20, 2015
Terms of use - Privacy Policy