Home | Links | Contact Us | Top 50 | News | Bookmark
Find a drug:
A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z   #  

Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

 Sore Nose? Any advise?
Okay. So two days ago, I woke up with the right side of my nose sore. If i touched it, flared it, or wrinkled it, it would hurt. It feels like a got hit, but the thing is I didn't. Should I see ...

 Can you be allergic to the smell of popcorn?
My boss claims that she is, so we can't eat it in the office...I've never heard of that before...do smell allergies exist?...

 Is there a test you can take to see if your allergic to cats?
can your doctor do a test to see if your allergic to cats? I think my daughter is allergic to ...

 I don't have a cold so why is my nose constantly clogged?
my nose is always clogged and runny, sometimes i even start sneezing non-stop. it says on the bottle its not good to use the nasal spray frequently, what can i do? could it be that i have a cat?...

 Don't you think that all these people who claim they have a food allergy is all a big con?
it was unheard of 30 years ago. now you have people who are allergic to nuts, mils , eggs, even if they see nuts or smell them they claimthey can have an attack....

 what's the best way to get rid of a blocked nose?

 my eyes are itchy;my throat hurts; stuffy nose and i've been sneezing ALOT;?
since this is allergy season; maybee its that right?
what shouldd i do soo that they GO AWAY!...

 Help I'm allergic to anything made of matter. What do I do?

 am i allergic to chapstick?
i've been using it my whole life (well i'm thirteen)

and i dont know why but i found this cool looking chapstick
so i bought it,
it was this silver looking one.

 Is it possible to be allergic to popcorn?
Hello I have a really bad case of, I don't know if it is hives but there are a lot of bumps that are making me itch and a really bad stomach ache and it started since I ate two bowls of popcorn ...

Okay my WHOLE body itches. Literally, head to toe. I have not changed soaps, laundry detergant, and I lotion my body A LOT so I do no think it is dry skin.AND it is NOT an allergic reaction. Even my ...

 Can an allergy make you crazy.............?
Seriously......I just heard crap in my life but this one is just taking a micky.

 What's the best way to get rid of house dust mites?

 I have the WORST stuffy nose ever...?
I always get alergies in mid-April and they last about a month. Well this year they have been VERY bad, way worse than last year. My eyes have stopped itching and watering, and I'm not itchy or ...

 Bloody Taste In My Mouth?
For the past few days, when I wake up I have a bloody taste in my mouth. I haven't had any kind of problems in my mouth, but I have had a cold and have been coughing for the past few days. Any ...

 i need people to help me out!! please i am begging!!?
okay well my teacher Dr. Ventura, wants me and my class mates to take, like a survey each! please it is worth 500POINTS!!! thats two letter grades!!! We want to see what is the most common allergy ...

 Am I allergic to cake?
Everytime I eat a birthday cake I always get a headache and I started having this thing since I was 10.
Additional Details
I dont eat too much cake or anything and I dont eat the full ...

 my hamster drinks alot should i be worried?

 am i lactose and tolerant? please help 10 points!?
okay my stomachs been hurting all day and a little bit yesterday.ive had cereal for the last three days and every night ive been eating ice cream
this morning i had diarrhea and stomach cramps ...

 Is it possible to be allergic to water or the chlorine in the water?

i am allergic to penicillin, should i wear a bracelet to tell people?
or is that not nessecary nowa days
Additional Details
had penecillin when i was 4 and came out in a rash and spots. and i don't think i have ever had it again, my doctor and dentist have kept me off it.

just i watched a film where someone wore a bracelet with this special symbol on it.

you could get it tattood on your forehead. Or a bracelet yeah. Or a dogtag. Or... eh.... yeah. A t-shirt or something.

Technically, yes.

What I have been told repeatedly by doctors, though, is that I might not really be allergic anymore. The question is, when did you have a bad reaction to penicillin and how severe was it? If you reacted as a baby and then never received it again, you might want to talk with your doctor about an allergy test. Under a controlled setting they will give you a tiny dose and watch for any symptoms. Supposedly, most of us who reacted as babies will be able to safely take penicillin as adults without a problem. Most. Not all.

If you don't want to go through this "challenge" allergy test (or can't, because you know for certain the allergy is severe), then it's best to be on the cautious side and assume you'll swell up with hives and quit breathing. Now, wouldn't you want the medics in an emergency to know that? It's always advisable, therefore, to wear something to alert them to serious medical conditions and serious allergies. Despite many folks being allergic to penicillin, it's still often the first thing they'll try to give you!

u dont need that. a card in your purse saying u r allergic to penicilline will suffice. in case of emergency no one is gonna give u penicilline without doing the sensitivity test.

I am also allergic to Penicillin, as well as Strawberries and Wool.
I have let all my family and work collegues know about my allergies and also the medical unit and my work.
As most people I am ever likely to be around all know about my weird and wonderful allergies, I have been told there is not much need for a braclet. If you were to go on holiday and move-huose to a new area, then I would do so until you have spread the word.
Good luck!

Daniel F
most of the time when you are ill enough to need an antibiotic, you are still able to tell the doctor/nurse about your allergies....

might be a good idea, if you would die if given some then get it tattooed on your left arm where the drip goes! I had this discussion with someone before, and if my life was at risk if i was given a medication then I would seriously tattoo it on myself. Rather have that than be accidently killed by soneone trying to save me!

as most antibiotics still use penicillin it would be advisable to wear some form of notice and a bracelet is a very good choice there are medi allert bracelets available that warn Dr's of an allergy especially if you need emergency hospitalization and require some form of antibiotic.

Pebble da rebble
You can if you want but i prefer to carry an alert in my handbag or you can buy necklaces now that do the job.

I use the SOS Talisman to highlight things that might affect me (Including penicillin), who to contact in an emergency, my blood type and what illnesses I have if any!

SOS Talisman can be bought as a bracelet or necklace. This has saved my life twice now.

P.S. There is other personal details kept in there too as it helps to tell the doctors who you are so that your medical notes can be sought.

Lori K
Either that, or have something on you...perhaps in your purse.

It would be a wise thing to do just in case you are ever in a situation where you are not able to speak for yourself. And no one else is there to talk for you. I'd say yes. It's always wise to take every persuasion when it comes to your health. Thank you and God Bless you!


yes. good idea.

lilian c
yes you do ! they are still used in hospitals and even i you dont wear it keep it with you

It would be a good idea to wear a bracelet or necklace. alot of emergencies won't check paperwork.

Yes definitely, you have a great idea.

It is still necessary, and in an emergency time is of the essence, and the emergency responders will not know you, or what you are allergic to if you are unconscious.

You should do it as soon as possible.

It wouldn´t hurt.... chances are you´ll never need it, but you never know. If God forbid something were to happen to you and you should fall unconscious, you wont be able to alert the doctors that you are allergic.

yes you need to have something with you with that on so if you can't talk they could find it and make sure not to give it to you. I tell everyone after working in the ER that way we don't make a mistake and give you the wrong medicines.

Do whatever you feel comfortable. If you think it would be necessary to wear a bracelets or a necklace then wear it. If you ever get into an accident and you end up in hospital how are they going to know If they need to act quick? It will also help them to do there job.
If you want to wear one then do because then you will feel more at ease.
My aunt wears a little bracelet because she is diabetic. Take Care

I would , you never know.

Not really neccessary. Most people wearing bracelets these days are due to mojor medical conditions like seizures and not allergies. Since antibiotics aren't really an emergency drug that any EMT would give you in the event of an emergency, there would be no reason for you to wear it.

ALWAYS!!!My gilrfriend nearly died becuase of unknown Penc allergy 1week hospi stay resulted in a 8 week stay!! Do get the allergy tatood on you arm as bracelet normally goes 'missing" in violent car collisions

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Large Text
Archive: All drugs - Links - Forum - Forum - Forum - Medical Topics
Drug3k does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 Drug3k Friday, April 8, 2016
Terms of use - Privacy Policy