| kava Kava Extract |
Kava has been used for anxiety, stress and restlessness. Some herbal/diet supplement products have been found to contain possibly harmful impurities/additives. Check with your pharmacist for more details regarding the particular brand you use. The FDA has not reviewed this product for safety or effectiveness. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
- Refer to storage information printed on the package.
- If you have any questions about storage, ask your pharmacist.
- If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
- Symptoms of overdose may include severe muscle weakness, difficulty moving, tiredness, unusual drowsiness, blood in urine, and shortness of breath.
Vitamin Shoppe - Kava Kava Extract
Kava Kava Extract 250mg
- Take this product by mouth as directed.
- Follow all directions on the product package.
- If you are uncertain about any of the information, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not take kava for longer than three months unless directed to do so by your doctor.
- If your condition persists or worsens, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, seek immediate medical attention.
- Nausea or drowsiness may occur.
- If these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor immediately.
- Report promptly: muscle weakness, loss of coordination, vision changes, weight loss, bloody urine.
- Extended, continuous intake of kava may cause reddened eyes or scaly skin.
- This condition is temporary, but the use of kava must be stopped promptly.
- In the unlikely event you have an allergic reaction to this product, seek immediate medical attention.
- Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling, dizziness, trouble breathing.
- If you have any of the following health problems, consult your doctor before using this product: depression, liver disease, allergies.
- Limit alcohol intake, as it may intensify the possible drowsiness effects of this product.
- Caution is advised when performing tasks requiring alertness (e.g., driving).
- Liquid preparations of this product may contain sugar and/or alcohol.
- Caution is advised if you have diabetes, alcohol dependence or liver disease.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist about the safe use of this product.
- Kava is not recommended for use during pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor before using this product.
- It is unknown whether this product passes into breast milk.
- Breast-feeding while using kava is not recommended.
- Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
- If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember.
- If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not double the dose to catch up.
- Before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all prescription and nonprescription medications you may use, especially drugs that can cause drowsiness such as: sedatives, tranquilizers, anti-anxiety drugs (e.g., diazepam, lorazepam), anti-seizure drugs (e.g., phenobarbital, phenytoin), muscle relaxants, drowsiness-causing antihistamines (e.g., diphenhydramine).
- Check labels carefully, as many products contain drowsiness- causing antihistamines (e.g., cough-and-cold medicines).
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist about use of such products.