| adderall Xr |
This combination medication is used to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
- Store at room temperature at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C) in a tightly closed container.
- Brief storage between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 - 30 degrees C) is permitted.
- Keep away from light and moisture.
- If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
- Symptoms of overdose may include: severe mental/mood changes, confusion, severe or persistent headache, severe restlessness, fast breathing.
Adderall XR Capsules Drug
Adderall XR 20mg Extended Release
adderall xr 20mg (19.0 capsules)
- Take Adderall Xr by mouth usually once daily, first thing in the morning; or as directed by your doctor.
- Taking Adderall Xr later in the day may cause trouble sleeping (insomnia).
- Do not crush or chew the capsules.
- Swallow the capsule(s) whole.
- If you have difficulty swallowing Adderall Xr whole, the capsule may be opened and the contents sprinkled into soft food (applesauce or yogurt) and taken as directed.
- Do not chew the food/medication mixture or make-up a supply in advance.
- Doing so may destroy Adderall Xr and/or increase side effects.
- The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to therapy.
- Your doctor may adjust your dose frequently (e.g., weekly) to find the dose that is best for you.
- Use Adderall Xr exactly as prescribed.
- Do not increase your dose, take it more frequently, or use it for a longer period of time than prescribed because Adderall Xr can be habit forming and increase your risk of side effects.
- Also, if used for an extended period of time, do not suddenly stop using Adderall Xr without your doctor s approval.
- When used for an extended period, Adderall Xr may not work as well and may require different dosing.
- Talk with your doctor if Adderall Xr stops working well.
- Your doctor may recommend drug holidays where your medication is stopped temporarily and behavior is re-evaluated.
- Trouble sleeping, nausea, diarrhea, upset stomach, dizziness, headache, nervousness, loss of appetite, or weight loss may occur.
- If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor promptly.
- Tell your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: vomiting, stomach pain, fever, unusual weakness or tiredness, mental/mood changes.
- Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: unusually fast heartbeat, blurred vision, uncontrolled muscle movements (e.g., tics, tremors), change in sexual ability or desire, chest pain.
- If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Adderall Xr is not recommended for use if you have the following medical conditions: heart or blood vessel- related diseases (e.g., arteriosclerosis, cardiovascular disease), severe high blood pressure, over-active thyroid (hyperthyroidism), eye problems (e.g., glaucoma), emotional instability, history of drug abuse.
- Tell your doctor your medical history, especially of: other mental/mood problems (e.g., psychological disorders), growth problems, high blood pressure, uncontrolled muscle movements (e.g., tics, Tourette s syndrome), any allergies.
- This may make you dizzy and can affect your alertness.
- Use caution engaging in activities requiring alertness such as driving or using machinery.
- Adderall Xr should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy.
- Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- Adderall Xr passes into breast milk and may have undesirable effects on a nursing infant.
- Breast-feeding while taking Adderall Xr is not recommended.
- If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember in the morning hours.
- If it is in the afternoon or near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not double the dose to catch up.
- Certain medications taken with this product could result in serious, even fatal, drug interactions.
- Avoid taking MAO inhibitors (e.g., furazolidone, isocarboxazid, linezolid, moclobemide, phenelzine, procarbazine, selegiline, tranylcypromine) during, or within 14 days of taking Adderall Xr.
- Tell your doctor of all prescription and nonprescription medication you may use, especially: tricyclic antidepressants (e.g., amitriptyline, nortriptyline), blood pressure medicine (e.g., beta-blockers), other stimulant medications (e.g., methylphenidate), meperidine.
- Certain foods and drugs can affect the amount of acid in your stomach/intestine and increase or decrease (depending on Adderall Xr) the absorption of Adderall Xr.
- Tell your doctor if you take any of these products: fruit juices, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), sodium bicarbonate, ammonium chloride, sodium acid phosphate, anti-ulcer medicine (e.g., H2 blockers such as famotidine and ranitidine, PPIs such as omeprazole and lansoprazole), antacids, methenamine, acetazolamide.
- Check the labels on all your medicines (e.g., cough-and-cold products, diet aids) because they may contain ingredients that could increase your heart rate or blood pressure.
- Ask your pharmacist about the safe use of these products.
- Avoid drinking large amounts of beverages containing caffeine (e.g., coffee, tea, colas).
- Caffeine can increase the side effects of Adderall Xr.
- This product can affect the results of certain lab tests (e.g., corticosteroid levels).
- Make sure laboratory personnel and your doctors know you use Adderall Xr.
- Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.