| || |
USES: This product is used for the short-term treatment of constipation.
| Miralax |
This product is used for the short-term treatment of constipation.
- Do not share this medication with others.
- It may harm someone.
- Proper diet, increased fluid intake and regular exercise may help prevent constipation.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) away from light and moisture.
- This medication may also be refrigerated.
- Do not freeze.
Spending 5 hours with a little one,
- HOW TO USE THIS MEDICATION: Take by mouth once daily as directed by your doctor.
- Mix 1 heaping tablespoon (17 grams) of the powder with 8 ounces (240 ml) of water.
- The measuring cap provided contains 17 grams of powder when filled to the indicated line.
- Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about any of the information.
- Two to four days may be required to produce a bowel movement.
- Do not use this drug for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor.
- Long-term use of laxatives may lead to laxative dependence, chronic constipation, loss of normal bowel function and damage to the bowel.
- Overuse of laxatives may cause persistent diarrhea, dehydration and body mineral problems.
- Stomach pain, nausea, bloating, gas or diarrhea may occur.
- If these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor.
- Allergic reactions to this drug are unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if they occur.
- Symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash, itching, swelling, dizziness or trouble breathing.
- If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor your medical history, especially of any allergies, stomach/intestinal problems (e.g., obstruction, ileus) or persistent nausea, vomiting, bloating or stomach pain.
- This medication should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy.
- Discuss the benefits and risks with your doctor.
- It is unknown if this medication passes into breast milk.
- Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
- If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember.
- If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not double the dose to catch up.
- Tell your doctor of all prescription and nonprescription medication you may use, especially other laxative medicines (e.g., milk of magnesia).
- Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.
Opinions for Miralax||