| Echinacea - Oral |
Echinacea has been used to stimulate the immune system. It has also been used for infections such as colds. Some herbal/diet supplement products have been found to contain possibly harmful impurities/additives. Check with your pharmacist for more details regarding the particular brand you use. The FDA has not reviewed this product for safety or effectiveness. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
- Refer to storage information printed on the package.
- If you have any questions about storage, ask your pharmacist.
- If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
Echinacea Entire Plant Extract.
NATURES AID Echinacea Root Ext. 180
- Follow all directions for use on the product package.
- If you are uncertain about any of the information, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Prolonged use may lessen the effects of this product.
- It is recommended that this product be used for no more than 8 weeks at a time.
- If your condition persists or worsens, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, seek immediate medical attention.
- Upset stomach and an unpleasant taste may occur.
- If these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor.
- In the unlikely event you have an allergic reaction to this product, seek immediate medical attention.
- Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling, dizziness, trouble breathing.
- If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you have any of the following health problems, consult your doctor before using this product: allergies (especially to plants in the Asteraceae/daisy family), asthma, immune system problems (autoimmune disorders, infection with HIV, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus), collagen disease, tuberculosis, multiple sclerosis.
- Liquid preparations of this product may contain sugar and/or alcohol.
- Caution is advised if you have diabetes, alcohol dependence or liver disease.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist about the safe use of this product.
- This product should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy.
- Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- It is not known whether this product is excreted into breast milk.
- Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
- If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember.
- If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not double the dose to catch up.
- Tell your doctor of all prescription and nonprescription medication you may use, especially of: blood thinners (e.g., warfarin), drugs that affect the immune system (e.g., cyclosporine, prednisone).
- If your product contains alcohol, do not use it in combination with metronidazole or disulfiram.