USES: This medication is used to treat glaucoma and to reduce intraocular pressure (eye pressure).
| E-Pilo-1 |
This medication is used to treat glaucoma and to reduce intraocular pressure (eye pressure).
- Your intraocular (eye) pressure will be monitored routinely to check the effectiveness of this medication.
- Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) away from heat and light.
- Discard this if the solution turns brown, cloudy or contains particles.
- HOW TO USE THIS MEDICATION: Apply this medication to the eye as directed.
- Try to take it at the same time each day to get into a routine of taking this.
- Do not stop taking this medication without first consulting your doctor.
- Apply eye drops to the affected eye(s) as follows: Wash hands first.
- To avoid contamination, be careful not to touch the dropper or let it touch your eye.
- Tilt your head back, gaze upward and pull down the lower eyelid to make a pouch.
- Place dropper directly over eye and administer the prescribed number of drops.
- Look downward and gently close your eye for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place one finger at the corner of the eye near the nose and apply gentle pressure.
- This will prevent the medication from draining away from the eye.
- Try not to blink and do not rub the eye.
- Do not rinse the dropper.
- Wash hands after use.
- If you are using another kind of eye drop, wait at least five minutes before applying other medications.
- This medication may temporarily sting or burn your eyes for a minute or two when applied.
- Other side effects reported include brow ache, tearing and sensitivity to light.
- If any of these effects continue or become bothersome, inform your doctor.
- Vision may be temporarily blurred or unstable for a period after applying eye drops.
- Use caution if driving or performing duties requiring clear vision.
- Notify your doctor if you develop a skin rash, eye pain, swelling in or around the eyes, vision problems, breathing trouble, rapid or pounding heartbeat, abnormal pulse, headache or dizziness while using this medication.
- If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor if you have any pre-existing heart disease, asthma, ulcers, lung disease, thyroid disease, muscle disease or any allergies.
- This medication should be used only if clearly needed during pregnancy or while breast-feeding.
- Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- If you miss a dose, use it as soon as remembered; do not use it if it is near the time for the next dose, instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.
- Tell your doctor of any over-the-counter or prescription medication you may take including any heart medication, blood pressure medication, or any other eye medication.
- If you are scheduled for any surgery, be sure your doctor knows you are taking this drug.
- It may be necessary to stop using this for a short time.
- Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.