| || |
USES: This medication acts to decrease urine output. It controls excessive thirst and urination and prevents dehydration. It is used in the treatment of diabetes insipidus or in surgery, injury or other conditions where reduced urination is necessary. In children, this medication is used to control bed-wetting.
| DDAVP |
This medication acts to decrease urine output. It controls excessive thirst and urination and prevents dehydration. It is used in the treatment of diabetes insipidus or in surgery, injury or other conditions where reduced urination is necessary. In children, this medication is used to control bed-wetting.
- Laboratory tests may be done to monitor your progress.
- In addition, the amount of fluid you drink may be monitored.
- Do not allow anyone else to use this medication.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Do not freeze.
- If stored at room temperature, discard after 3 weeks.
DDAVP Nasal Sol’
DDAVP (desmopressin) 0.2 mg
- HOW TO USE THIS MEDICATION: This medication is used in the nose as a nasal spray.
- The usual dose 1 to 4 sprays daily and depends on your medical condition and response to this drug.
- Patient instructions are provided with the product.
- Make sure you understand how to use the medication properly.
- Use this medication exactly as prescribed.
- Do not use it more frequently without your doctor's approval.
- Limit drinking of water or other fluids while taking this medication.
- This medication may cause headache, runny nose, nausea, stomach ache or flushing of the face.
- If any of these effects persist or worsen, inform your doctor.
- Notify your doctor if you develop stomach cramps.
- In the unlikely event you have an allergic reaction to this drug, seek immediate medical attention.
- Symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash, itching, swelling, dizziness or trouble breathing.
- If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor your medical history, especially of heart disease, lung disease, nasal congestion and of any allergies you may have.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant before using this drug.
- It is not known if this drug is excreted into breast milk.
- Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
- If you miss a dose and use 1 dose daily: use as soon as remembered unless you do not remember until the next day.
- If that is the case, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- If you use more than 1 dose daily: use as soon as remembered unless it is almost time for the next dose; if so, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not double the dose to catch up.
- Tell your doctor of all prescription and nonprescription drugs you may use, especially carbamazepine, chlorpropamide, demeclocycline, water pills (diuretics), drugs that increase blood pressure (e.g., dopamine, epinephrine, ephedrine, levophed) and alcohol.
- Ask your doctor how much, if any, alcohol you may drink.
- Alcohol interferes with the action of desmopressin by increasing urination.
- Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.
Opinions for DDAVP||