| Combivir |
This medication is used to treat HIV infection, generally in combination with other medications.
- This product is not a cure for HIV infection but has shown positive results.
- The long-term effects are unknown at this time.
- Keep all doctor appointments and scheduled laboratory tests as your condition will be checked closely.
- This product does not reduce the risk of passing the virus to others through sexual contact or blood contamination.
- This is a potent product.
- Do not allow others to use your medication.
- Store at room temperature between 36 and 86 degrees F (2-30 degrees C) away from light and moisture.
COMBIVIR 150MG/300MG TABLETS
- HOW TO USE THIS MEDICATION: This product is taken by mouth.
- The dosage is one tablet twice daily, with or without food.
- Take exactly as directed and continue to take your other HIV drugs.
- Do not stop using your medication unless directed to do so.
- Headache, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, sleep problems may occur.
- If these persist or worsen, notify your doctor promptly.
- Report promptly any muscle pain, stomach pain or tingling and numbness.
- Unlikely but report promptly any persistent sore throat, fever, yellowing eyes or skin, fatigue, rapid breathing, confusion, any hair loss, unusual increase in amount of urine, seizures or dark urine.
- Very unlikely but report promptly any unusual bleeding or bruising.
- Seek immediate medical attention if an allergic reaction occurs.
- Symptoms include skin rash, difficulty breathing, hives or itching.
- If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Before using this product, tell your doctor your medical history, including any allergies (especially drug allergies), blood or bone marrow disorders; liver, kidney or heart disease; alcoholism, hepatitis B virus infection and of major injury/surgery/infection.
- This medication should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy.
- Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- This product may be excreted into breast milk.
- Do not breast feed because breast milk can transmit HIV.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist for any questions.
- This product is not recommended in children less than 12 years old since the dosage cannot be adjusted for this age group.
- If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember.
- If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.
- Tell your doctor of all nonprescription and prescription medication you may use, especially interferons, other drugs that affect the bone marrow (e.g., anticancer drugs, chloramphenicol), trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole, atovaquone, fluconazole, methadone, valproic acid, probenecid, ganciclovir or protease inhibitors (e.g., indinavir, ritonavir).
- This product contains both zidovudine and lamivudine.
- Do not take other medicine containing zidovudine or lamivudine unless directed to do so.
- Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.