This medication is used to relieve bladder or intestinal spasms.
- Do not share this medication with others.
- Store at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture.
BUSCOPAN™ Product Image Small
Buscopan IBS Tablets - Size: 20
Buscopan Shelf Edgers
- Take as directed.
- The usual maximum number of tablets per day is 6.
- Swallow tablets whole with a glass of water.
- Take at least one hour before antacids or certain anti-diarrhea drugs (e.g., kaolin-pectin type).
- Constipation, dry mouth, trouble urinating, or nausea could occur.
- If these continue or are bothersome, notify your doctor promptly.
- Very unlikely but report rash, itching, swelling of the hands or feet, trouble breathing, increased pulse, dizziness, diarrhea and vision problems or eye pain.
- If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Before taking this drug tell your doctor if you have glaucoma or any eye problems, heart disease, an enlarged prostate (males), any allergies and stomach or intestinal diseases This medication should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy.
- Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- It is not known whether this drug is excreted into human milk.
- Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
- Caution is advised when this drug is used in the elderly.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.
- Tell your doctor of all nonprescription or prescription medication you may take especially antidepressants (tricyclic type), MAO Inhibitors (e.g., phenelzine, tranylcypromine, isocarboxazid, selegiline, furazolidone), quinidine, amantadine, antihistamines (e.g., diphenhydramine), anticholinergics or potassium chloride supplements.
- Also report antacids and absorbent-type antidiarrhea medicines such as the kaolin-pectin type.
- Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.